Monday, October 18, 2010

C25K or bust!

Today's the day. And I'm ready. Well almost ready -- there have a been a few wrenches thrown my way, but I'm determined to make this happen.

Quick recap: I have a beautiful baby boy. He turned one on October 1st and he loves chocolate cake -- who doesn't, right?
And I want to be healthier for him and losing some weight and getting in shape plays a big role in that.

I started McFatty Monday late January and lost some weight, but put some of it back on the past few weeks. But luckily just when my motivation was running a bit low, the C25K challenge came out. I've always wanted to be able to run. I'm convinced that if I ever started running it would be the key to maintaining my weight. I've tried C25K before, and gave up somewhere around week 2 or 3, but I'm hoping that doing it with a bunch of virtual friends from McFatty Monday that I'll find the inspiration to keep with it this time.

I seemed to have gone off track from my quick recap. I'm about 12lbs less than my pre-pregnancy weight which is great, but that was higher than I would have liked. I'm 12.4 lbs off from my goal weight, but I'm really just going to focus on making it through the program and toning up. I've even taken my measurements! ::gasp!::

And to prove that I mean business this time I'm doing the unthinkable. I'm posting a "before" picture ::double gasp!::



Hello there ! And note to self, get some new workout clothes.

My plan is to start today and do a weekly check-in on how I'm doing. The program is nine weeks so I'm also planning on posting a progress picture after completing 3 and then 6 weeks to see how I'm doing.

And now that the child is sleeping, I'm going to go for a run.

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Blair@HeirtoBlair said...

woot!! let's go, woman!

we can do this. I know we can.