Monday, June 21, 2010

McFatty Monday Week 23: And a McFatty one it is!

Week 23 of HeirToBlair's McFatty Monday (they are on week 25)

Confession time. I have a love/hate relationship with McFatty Mondays. I'm sure you can guess when I love it, but let's state the obvious. I love it when I had a great week and can report a loss. But I also love it because it forces an accountability that reminds me to course correct and this is one of those moments. Two weeks ago I came back from vacation with a small expected gain and claimed I was ready to work towards my next goal. I lied. Vacations are like a gateway drug for me. It reminds me how fun it is to eat and drink anything I want and then I spiral out of control. I'm a little more than five feet tall and my metabolism has never been my friend and is even less so as I've gotten older. I simply can't eat and drink anything I want and remain the size I want to be. Especially since I don't exercise regularly (read: at all). Watching what I eat is all I've got (unless I start exercising ::shudder::).

So it's Monday. And I have two choices. Not post (like last week - in fact I didn't even step on the scale last week because I knew it wouldn't be good) and continue to enjoy hamburgers, pizza, beer and cookies* to my heart's content or I could step on the scale and see where I was and start over. So here I am. Hating McFatty, but loving it at the same time.

*In my head I was able to justify the cookies because they were lactation cookies. I made a batch last weekend and ate pretty much all of them in one week. Almost 6 dozen cookies. I couldn't get enough of them. Oh and did I mention that I'm not really having supply issues? I just wanted cookies and knew my husband wouldn't even bat an eye since they were lactation cookies.

The results: Up 4 lbs since my lowest point while doing McFatty Mondays and I'm now 9 lbs away from my goal of being back to wedding weight.

Goals for the week: 80 oz of water a day. Salads for Lunch. And try to get out and walk the dog, but since the husband is traveling this week that will be a stretch goal.

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Heidi - D said...

I also love/hate Monday. Mostly because it is when I have to face the music about my previous week. There is nothing more discouraging than feeling like it was a good week - but not seeing it reflected on my scale...

Hang in there! We're all going through this together!

http://itsjustmeheidid.blogspot.com/2010/06/mcfatty-monday-shred-review.html