Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Jury Duty - love it? or hate it?


Tomorrow is the day. I've got jury duty. Now I know this is something that many people dread, but I'm actually looking forward to it. This is the first time that I've been summoned to do what I consider to be my civic duty. I'm actually excited to see the wheels of justice in motion. Before you say it, I know. I'm naive. It's probably going to be a big let down. Chances are I won't be selected. I probably won't even make it out of the room. Instead I'll just waste a beautiful summer day sitting locked in a room waiting to be called. But that's ok. I've been summoned and I'm going in. I have no idea what to expect, but it doesn't matter. Either way I'm sure there will be something in the day that will be blog worthy. Plus it should give me time to finish the baby blanket I've been working on for 'Lil Dubyette (yeah, I'm a little behind on that). Speaking of which, anyone know if you can you bring crochet hooks into a courthouse? They're not considered a weapon, right? I know you can bring them on planes....

4 comments:

Sue said...

The one time I was summoned for jury duty I didn't have to go (in CT you call the night before to see if they need you) but it was considered fulfilling my civic duty.

Seeing as I'm inclined to think if you're in front of a judge/jury you probably did something, I'm thinking I'd not be picked for any juries any time soon anyway.

Mrs Big Dubya said...

Uhm, you were called before... you didn't go.... but okay, I'll play along.

I was called many moons ago, and I was about to be interviewed and the defendant went into labor -- they sent us home.

But, there was an incredibly HOT guard.... I ran into him at a bar in Boston several weeks later... small world, huh?

Apparently P said...

That's not true. This is the first time that I've been called for Jury Duty. I think my name change may have triggered it...

Mrs Big Dubya said...

maybe you just don't remember because of all the drinking you did back then