Monday, June 25, 2007

Why do I do it?



So I've started yet another diet today. I'm about 15 lbs over what I'd like to be, but would be happy to get rid of 10 lbs and maintain. I know, 10lbs doesn't sound too bad, but I tend to sabotage myself when I get close to what I want to lose and start eating all the bad foods that I've been avoiding and then all the weight comes back. Then I get frustrated by the way I look and feel and start another diet. I was at the peak of my frustration late last week and knew I needed to start my new diet. This is where things get curious. Once I get to my frustrated zone I then have to eat all the bad stuff I have in my house to get "rid" of it and I also order or go out for a particular bad meal just to get it out of my system. If I'm going to diet, and I mean diet for real this time, I might as well make it as bad as possible, right? Yeah, I'm pretty much crazy.


So this weekend what did I eat? Buffalo wings (including blue cheese), beer, french fries, beer, nachos, beer, tuna cesar salad wrap (who knew it existed?), chips, beer, fried dough, cheeseburger, pasta salad, wine, ice cream, bacon, eggs, donut, bagel, etc.


But today I've been good. I'm on my diet. (I do WW in case you were wondering) I've walked four miles, started the day with a sensible breakfast, I'm close to getting in my 8 glasses of water, had a multi-vitamin, etc. Yes, today has been good, but how long will it last?


I have a short term goal. The goal revolves around my trip to Ireland for my cousin's wedding reception. My goal is to not only fit into, but look presentable in the outfit I plan to wear. The reception is slightly less than 3 weeks away and it should take about 5 lbs to accomplish. A bigger challenge is going to stay good on that trip, but I'll worry about that later (a true Irish fry for breakfast is to die for and I can already hear an order of sausage and chips calling my name!).


I'll keep you all (yes, the three of you) posted on my progress. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Mrs Big Dubya said...

I'm with you.....

McDonald's, beer, Dairy Queen, beer, pizza, beer, a donut, beer......

But I was good yesterday and I'm on the right track for today.... although, the exercise is still eluding me

We'll be good when we are there.... we'll walk a lot