Sunday, February 07, 2010

Sleeping like a baby...


I had planned on moving Gus out of the bassinet and into his own room at 3 months. Well 3 months came a lot quicker than I thought it would and it was at 3 months that it was time for me to go back to work and for Gus to go to daycare. With so much change going on, it didn't seem like a good idea to move him. What if it was the straw that broke the camel's back? Yeah right. I just wasn't ready for him to leave me.

Four months came and the crib was all set up. But we had a doctor's appointment in a couple of days and why not make sure that the little man was on track before moving him. Again, I wasn't ready yet. Doctor's appointment comes and all is great, but we shouldn't do it on a work night in case it goes badly.

Then it was the weekend, but at bedtime I realized we hadn't set up the monitor. Oh well, one more night wouldn't hurt. And then it was time. Our little man moved into his own room, into his crib. He was GINORMOUS in his bassinet, but now looks so tiny in his crib. He was ready. I was not. I know it seems silly, but I teared up as I got him dressed for bed. He went down with little fuss and when I checked on him later that night he was sleeping like a baby. My little boy is growing up and has turned me into a complete and utter sap! But we did it. He stayed in his crib all night (minus a 1am feeding) and another milestone has passed too quickly for this new mom...
Sleep tight little man...

No comments: